What Makes Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 So Special?View All Reviews
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (stylized as Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII) is a first-person shooter video game developed by Treyarch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and by Beenox (with assistance from Blizzard Entertainment) for Microsoft Windows. The game was released on October 12th, 2018.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is a famous tactical action game that was developed for PS4, PC, and Xbox One. If compared with other CoD games, three different modes will be offered, each of which has its own specific features. Besides, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will impress players with a new genre that is called Battle Royale.
The last version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is based on the fantastic visuals from previous seasons, but it has some own great features. Developers did their best to create realistic decorations where everything is thought out to the tiniest details. Such an atmosphere makes players forget that they are just playing a game and transfers them to breathtaking areas. For instance, you can find yourself in the narrow streets of the abandoned town, at the Siberian polar station in Russia, or in the wild forest near the magnificent Alps.
Nevertheless, you should prepare yourself for some glitches that can occur in rare cases when the instability of FPS takes place. However, all these technical problems cannot prevent you from enjoying numerous advantages of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Sound effects are developed at a high level.
The series of Call of Duty games have always been somewhat erratic and unpredictable. This version has not become an exception. The point is that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 does not have a traditional campaign option. However, players can choose a desirable mode for playing. There are three of them, including:
- Zombies mode, which is divided into two separate gaming lines, namely, Ether and Chaos. Its purpose is rather ordinary: to set up barricades and push back against zombies. You can rely only on your skills, but it is also possible to have three AI soldiers in case you cannot cope with zombies without assistance. Before starting the game, you can find out all the details in a guideline for beginners.
- Multiplayer mode. Your HP in the game cannot be renewed automatically as it was earlier. Therefore, you need to deal with it manually. Those gamers who play without the assistance of AI soldiers can select a Specialist type that will be the most appropriate for them. In general, there are 14 maps available so that everyone can find something to try their tactical abilities. The gaming areas range from narrow streets, where you can set an ambush, to open battlefields, where you can try on the role of a sniper.
- Blackout mode. This mode was created due to the increasing popularity of Battle Royale games such as PUBG. In this mode, you cannot continue the game after being killed; only one player can survive. Weapons and various types of equipment are hidden all over the battlefield. The first tool is a Titan Operator gun, but it is also possible to find a grapple gun or some weapons from a Zombie mode.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has no specific features of control if compared with previous versions of the game. All combinations remain the same; so, you do not need to learn something new. For instance, for starting a fire, you have to press the right mouth button on PC, RT, if you play on Xbox, or R1 in case of PS4.
Despite possible glitches and drawbacks, this game is still breathtaking and spectacular. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 with all its modes, peculiarities, and Specialists system will definitely make you show all your tactician abilities. When Ops in the game become Black, you cannot return them.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is definitely worth your attention. However, unfortunately, the fact that this game has certain bugs and suffers from small problems in the Multiplayer mode cannot be denied. Besides, there is no campaign.
The following pros can be identified:
- The variety of modes;
- Free choice of tactics;
- Battle Royale mode;
- High-quality visuals.
The game also has several drawbacks:
- Absence of campaign;
- Bugs in Zombie mode;
- Occasional visual glitches;
- Bad matchmaking.
1. All review text and other content are original. The copyright of all game, hardware and software reviews and images belong to our editorial team, copying without attribution is forbidden. Some of brand names, logos and screenshots are used in order of qualified relationships.
2. All the information on this website is strictly observed all the terms and conditions of Google Ads Advertising policies, Google Unwanted Software policy and Microsoft Advertising policies.
3. We provide the official download links to legal sources like official websites, Steam, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Market, Nintendo eShop, Google Play Store, Apple iTunes, GOG, Humble Bumble and other.
Besides, the game you're reading right now:
1. Is a video game;
2. Will not change any system settings on your console, PC or phone.